Are you looking for Alexandrea to come to your facility to hold a workshop or seminar? Here are a list of our available workshops, seminars, and classes!
(For Parents & Individuals) Personal Development & Practical Life Skills Workshops: Each family is made up of individuals and so we offer a list of workshops that focuses on personal development and enhancing your personal skills. So whether you're looking for a class on dating or are trying to create a resume-we got you covered!
- Creating Healthy Relationships: Teaching tweens, teens and young adults how to have healthy relationships with their friendships, their parents, and the opposite sex
- Dressing Modestly: Teaching tweens, teens, and young adult women how to dress fashionably AND Godly! Learn how to dress for your body shape, how to shop, and how to dress in a way that will make your Heavenly Father proud!
- Practicing True Forgiveness: Learning how to forgive can be very difficult but with these four Biblical and easy steps, you can learn how to forgive those who have hurt you and begin to experience a happier life and better relationships.
- Controlling Your Thoughts: Seems impossible? Well it certainly is possible and you can learn how to with this workshop! Control your thoughts so you can learn to have a more stable and happier life!
- Conflict Resolution: Learn techniques to properly handle conflict within your relationships
- Learning Time Management: Learn organization skills, the importance of time management, and learn why God wants you to be wise with your time!
- Remaining Sexually Pure: Learn strategies to remaining sexually abstinent in a very sexually promiscuous world.
- Budgeting: Learn how to create a budget that will not only keep you organized & save you money but will also glorify God with your spending and saving.
- Handling Singlehood: Identifies why singlehood is important & what useful things you can do while waiting or searching for the "One".
- Importance of Self-Care: Educates on self-care techniques and why it is vital for your well being.
- Identifying an Emotionally Abusive Relationship: Learn the signs of an emotionally abusive relationship & what you can do to be sure you're not in one.
- Learning Your Love Language: The 5 love languages was written by Dr. Gary Chapman and in this workshop we'll focus on identifying what your love language is and learning how to understand other people's love languages to enhance your relationships in your life.
- Handling Your Anger: Anger can seem uncontrollable at times, but this workshop will give you the chance to learn how to harness and control your anger rather than let it control you. This workshop will also teach you how to properly use your anger and what God's purpose for your anger was for.
Family Life & Child Development Seminars: These seminars focus on issues that may arise within the home and give you an opportunity to learn techniques that focus on enhancing your home life. Most of our family life seminars rely on using the S.T.E.P parenting materials, Biblical principles, theory and research.
- Families at Worship: A seminar focused on educating families on how to have fun, effective and uplifting family worships. This seminar can be taught in a six week session or a weekend long workshop.
Parents of Early Childhood (ages 0-6):
- Disciplining your Pre-Schooler: Focuses on educating parents on the difference between punishment and discipline and offers effective techniques to discipline this age group.
- Understanding Your Pre-Schoolers' Behavior: Focuses on educating parents on identifying the four goals of misbehavior and how to address each goal.
- Communicating with your Pre-Schooler: Focuses on educating parents on how to utilize active listening with their pre-schooler.
- Your Pre-Schoolers' Emotional & Social Development: Focuses on educating parents on how they can teach their children healthy ways to share feelings, set limits, and encourage independence in their pre-schooler.
Parents of Childhood (6-12):
- Understanding Yourself & Your Child: Focuses on empowering parents to meet the challenges of parenting to raise confident, respectful, self-reliant children.
- Discipline that Makes Sense for Your Child: Focuses on effective discipline techniques for your child aged 6-12.
- Teaching Your Children to Cooperate: Discusses strategies that encourage children to work together with their peers and family members.
- Encouraging Your Child & Yourself: Focuses on self-care techniques for parents & offers techniques for using encouragement to encourage positive behavior in children.
- Choosing Your Parenting Approach: Identifies the four commonly used parenting styles & educates parents on the most effective parenting style.
Parents of Teenagers (13 and up):
- Understanding Yourself & Your Teenager: Focuses on adolescent development & working to improve your relationship with your teen.
- Changing Your Response to Your Teen: Educates parents on how to change their relationship with their teen by changing their response to their behaviors.
- Communicating Respect and Encouragement to your Teen: Teaches parents skills that focus on talking about problems using respect, encouragement, and without blaming.
- Encouraging Cooperation and Solving Problems with Your Teen: Educates parents on techniques that encourage teens to begin to become self-reliatn in solving their problems.
- Using Consequences to Build Responsibility in Your Teen: Focuses on effective discipline and consequence techniques.
- Addressing Lying, Stealing, Sexual Activity & other Delinquent Behaviors: Focuses on techniques that equip parents to address delinquent behaviors in teenagers.
Our workshops range from 45 minutes to 2 hours long and a few can be broken down into series if need be.
We also offer the full Early Childhood STEP Parenting Program which focuses on teaching parents of Infants to Pre-Schoolers how to raise confident and self-reliant children. This workshop is 7 weeks long.
We are constantly developing more seminars and workshops to meet the community's needs so if you're desiring a workshop that is not listed above, contact us so we can possibly develop a workshop geared for your facility.
Be sure to check this page often as we are always updating this page on new seminars!